- Have you ever seen a message box
"The dynamic link library XXX.DLL could
not be found in the specified path ..." ?
Did you ever call LoadLibrary(XXX.DLL) and get an error
- Did you ever wonder how many DLLs are dynamically loaded
by a program? What functions it imports from that DLLs?
When it creates additional threads and new processes?
- Did you ever wonder how many OLE objects are used by
an application that looks so slow? Have you ever seen
message in your VB program? What do you do when
your application crashes on customer's machine trying to
load an unregistered OCX?
ShowDep is a tool that helps you understand and control your
applications' DLL and OLE interactions.
ShowDep tracks down all implicitly linked DLLs. It
displays information about each module, including version information,
PE headers, sections, imports, exports, as well as imports and forwards
conflicts. ShowDep lets you trace an application and discover which DLLs it loads
and COM objects it creates. The information from ShowDep is presented in
an easy-to-understand tree view and can be saved in text or RichText format.
- all types of implicit linking supported, including forwarding an delay-load imports;
- import-export conflicts checking;
- comprehensive information about PE structures
- Borland and Microsoft mangled names support;
- run-time dependencies tracing;
- OLE dependencies tracing;
- powerful and fast import/export/text search;
- text and RTF reports;
- ease of use;
For more information see Tech Info section.
Download ShowDep here.